LEVEL is looking for performers for a series of online performances for screen, as part of its CONTAINER project.
A series of research and development projects exploring the potential of a variety of aesthetic approaches to the human body through the creation of art, performances and discussions. We are particularly interested in the complex relationship between body image, societal taboos and notions of containment imposed by our culturally defined beliefs and behaviours. A notion that becomes far more interesting when applied to LEVEL and our desire to explore the ‘art that difference makes’ and the conditions that make it possible. In this context CONTAINER is provocative, political and to an extent, deliberately naïve – a collection of projects that can ask some interesting and some difficult questions and permission to provide no answers.
LEVEL is an ACE National Portfolio Organisation which challenges perceptions through its radical programme exploring all aspects of ‘the art that difference makes’.
You can read more about LEVEL on www.levelcentre.com
You can read more about the CONTAINER project here:
Job Title: Performer
Reporting to: Project and Development Manager
- To devise in collaboration with LEVEL a 30-minute performance for screen, based on a theme relating to containment and/or the human body.
- To deliver 2 performances of the devised piece on agreed dates, preceded by one pre-show artist talk on the second date.
- To perform in a multi-screen performance alongside other artists, to be delivered twice on agreed dates.
- Comfortable performing nude for online platforms.
- Comfortable with a model release contract.
- Aware of, and able to actively implement the organisation’s policies with regard to, for example, Equal Opportunities, Vulnerable Adults, Child Protection and Diversity.
To apply, please send a CV and short proposal for a 30-minute solo performance relating to containment and/or the human body (200 words max) to email@example.com . Please mark your application ‘CONTAINER PERFORMERS’ in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Friday 17 July 2020, 5pm
LEVEL is seeking new people to join our Board. If you are interested in our work and feel that you have skills and experience to offer us please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss how you may be able to help us.