Use our Accessibility Toolbar to customise your experience on The LEVEL Centre Website
This information is available in the following formats:
PDF or HTML Webpage (see this page below)
If you need this page audio described, please use our Browsealoud toolbar
which can be activated in the yellow box at the top of this page
Thank you for your interest in the role of Arts Administrator for LEVEL Centre.
Job title: Arts Administrator
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Contractors
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Occasional evening, weekend and bank holiday working may be required
Annual leave: 25 days a year plus bank holidays
To provide administrative support across the LEVEL programme of activities and support the Executive Director. Oversee aspects of building operations, day to day finance and ensuring LEVEL is an accessible, friendly, well managed, high performing and safe venue. Be the first point of contact for all LEVEL enquiries.
LEVEL is an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation challenging perceptions and traditional notions of art, culture and societal divisions. LEVEL produces and promotes art that is powerful and of relevance to society. It is a multi artform centre that puts creativity and learning disabled adults at its heart. It has a strong track record of producing and presenting digital art.
We work with:
- Learning disabled and disabled people
- Artists, performers and interesting people
- Cultural and creative organisations
- National & International partners
Our Mission (why we exist):
LEVEL creates, promotes and celebrates the art that ‘difference’ makes.
Our Vision (what we want):
To embrace creativity and present contemporary work visually, performatively and digitally for, by and with disabled adults and beyond.
More information is available on our website: https://levelcentre.com
We’re looking for a hard-working, honest, dependable, self-motivated person to act as LEVEL Centre’s arts administrator, willing to uphold and support the aims and values of Level Centre.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director & wider staff team to facilitate projects
- Monitor the info@levelcentre inbox and be the first point of contact to the public
- Overall management of the LEVEL office, including administrative systems and purchasing
- Administration of Charities Commission and Company House legal requirements
- Provide administrative support for LEVEL Makes our courses and classes programme
- Provide support to Artistic Associates where required for the development and delivery of their projects
- Attend 1:1, team and wider monthly team meetings and take minutes where relevant
- Work closely with our Finance Manager to log and process invoices
- Undertake day to day financial administration, including banking & petty cash
- Liaise with the part-time cleaner
- Support Building Maintenance administratively and liaise with building services contractors where relevant
- Develop and maintain all building management systems and procedures.
- Process DBS applications and monitor with the Engagement Producer
- Monitor and update policies annually related to health & safety and manage all organisational health and safety practices
- Occasionally deputise for LEVEL staff where required including but not limited to attending meetings to represent LEVEL Centre
- Support the Marketing and Audience Development Manager on campaigns and research when required
- Be an advocate for LEVEL Centre
- Occasional event management
- Work flexibly across the LEVEL team where required to support priorities
- Attend training when required
- LEVEL Centre is a public building and work may be required on evenings, weekends and bank holidays where necessary
- This list is not exhaustive, other duties may be required from time to time
Essential criteria, personal qualities & skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to work flexibly in a small team whilst managing multiple priorities
- Able to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy at all times
- Able to maximise limited resources and time
- Shows initiative and has a proactive nature
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal calmly, confidently and positively in person, at meetings, online and on the telephone
- Hard working and enthusiastic
- Attention to detail
- IT literate
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Proven administration and organisational ability
- Experience of basic financial procedures and business banking
- Interest in the arts
- Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities
- Full driving licence
Terms & Conditions:
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
The core business hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Occasional evening, weekend and bank holiday working may be required
Holiday: 25 days per annum, plus bank holidays
The Company operates an auto enrolment pension scheme deferred for 3 months from joining the Company with Nest. The contributions to this scheme are in line with the current minimum requirement and are based on qualifying earnings. Further information can be found at www.nestpension.org.uk
Probation: 3 months
Notice period: One week during probationary period and one month thereafter
We are committed to achieving equal opportunities in the way we deliver services to the community and in our employment arrangements. We expect all employees to understand and promote this policy in their work.
Health and safety:
All employees have a responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others when carrying out their duties and must help us to apply our general statement of health and safety policy.
LEVEL Centre is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of everyone and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A satisfactory Criminal Record Bureau check will need to be returned prior to commencement of employment.
- Complete the online application form. Our website has Browsealoud toolbar software installed to make it more accessible, if you require any assistance please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the equal opportunities monitoring form. We positively encourage people with disabilities or from minority ethnic backgrounds to apply to join our teams as they are under-represented within Level Centre’s workforce.
- Upload your CV including details of two referees
- Upload a covering statement. Your covering statement should outline your suitability for the role.
We are happy to accept your covering statement in the following formats:
- Written statement that is no more than 2 sides of A4
- Video submission that is no longer than 5 minutes – BSL, Makaton or spoken
- Audio submission as an MP3 or WAV file, that is no longer than 5 minutes. Please clearly label your files with your name
Application deadline: 9am, 1 November 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 8 November 2021