Use our Accessibility Toolbar to customise your experience on The LEVEL Centre Website
Freelance Performing Arts Online Facilitator
This information is available in the following formats:
HTML Webpage (see this page below)
If you need this page audio described, please use our Browsealoud toolbar which can be activated in the yellow box at the top of this page
Thank you for your interest in our freelance Performing Arts Facilitator (Online) role at LEVEL Centre.
Job Title: Performing Arts Facilitator (Online)
Hours: 0.5 days per week
Delivery Times: Tuesdays 11.00am – 12.00pm
Contract: 7th September 2021 – 7th December 2021
Location: UK, Remote Working*
Reports to: Projects Assistant & Operations Manager
*Sessions and meetings will take place online via Zoom. Applicants should be based and have the right to work in the UK.
All applicants should be self-employed and are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
LEVEL is an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation and is also supported by Derbyshire County Council. We produce and promote art that is powerful and of relevance to all of our society – art that is not afraid to be different.
Mission (why we exist)
LEVEL creates, promotes and celebrates the art that ‘difference’ makes.
Vision (what we want)
To embrace creativity and present contemporary work visually, performatively and digitally for, by and with disabled adults and beyond.
Core Purpose of the Performing Arts Facilitator (Online)
To facilitate LEVEL Makes: Performance Online, an online programme for learning disabled adults.
Supported by the LEVEL team, the Performing Arts Facilitator (Online) will:
- Assist in the planning, preparation and delivery of LEVEL’s Online Programme, LEVEL Makes: Performance Online.
- Lead a total of 12 one-hour sessions for learning disabled adults via zoom, where you will work towards the creation and development of a short digital performance to be shared on our website and social media.
- Be aware and sensitive of participants’ well being and individual needs – medical, emotional, etc, and make sure that those are actively met.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of LEVEL Makes: Performance Online.
- Where necessary, undertake any additional training as required by LEVEL.
- Attend any additional meetings with the LEVEL Team where necessary – all meetings will be arranged in advance.
The Performing Arts Facilitator (Online) will be expected to embrace LEVEL’s vision, mission and values. Please visit www.levelcentre.com/about-2/ for more information.
- Theatre, Dance or Performing Arts background.
- Experience of delivering theatre, dance or performing arts workshops with learning disabled adults.
- Ability to effectively engage with participants from all backgrounds, levels and abilities.
- Full access to the necessary means (such as a webcam, microphone and reliable PC or Laptop) to effectively deliver online workshops.
- Current enhanced DBS check or willingness to complete an enhanced DBS check.
- Experience facilitating workshops via Zoom.
- Experience with digital technologies to support online workshops.
- Knowledge and understanding of best Safeguarding Practices for vulnerable adults.
Please complete our online form here. This form will capture your contact information, details of two referees, confirmation of your right to work in the UK and equal opportunities monitoring .
You will be asked to upload the following:
- A CV
- A covering statement which should outline your suitability for the role you are applying for. LEVEL will accept the following formats for the statement, please clearly label your files with your name:
- Written statement that is no more than 1 side of A4* demonstrating your suitability, experience and interest in the role
- Video submission that is no longer than 3 minutes- BSL, Makaton, spoken
- Audio submission as an MP3 or WAV file, that is no longer than 3 minutes
If you wish, you can also upload a maximum of 3 additional examples of your work, clearly labeled with your name. These could be:
- Images or Photographs
- Video Footage – please include any passwords if necessary
- Web links
- Other e.g. previous workshop examples etc
Deadline for Applications: Monday 12th July, 9.00AM
Interviews are to take place via Zoom the week commencing 19th July 2021