We’re looking for two performers for the creation and touring of In The Mix Remix.
Working with choreographer Hayley Earlam, In The Mix Remix is a small-scale touring project designed for SEND and PMLD audiences. The piece is inspired by Darius Powell’s digital installation ‘In the Mix’ that was shown at LEVEL Centre in early 2022.
We’re looking for performers with dance or movement experience who are collaborative, responsive and engaging. A genuine interest in working with PMLD audiences is essential.
We’re looking for performers who:
- are UK based
- are over the age of 18
- have the right to work in the UK
- have a genuine interest in working with PMLD audiences
- are available from Monday 20 June to Sunday 10 July 2022 (with possible extension to 12 July).
Fee of £1650 for 3 weeks (£550 per week)
Travel, accommodation and per diems provided if required.
How to apply:
Please read the application notes before applying. Your application should include:
- CV including contact details
- Link to showreel or performance footage
- Statement of Interest
- Video submission responding to brief (see application notes)
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (optional)
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 5pm on 18 May 2022.
- Deadline for applications: Wednesday 18 May (5pm)
- Online interviews: 26 May
- Rehearsals start: 20 June
- Tour: Saturday 2 July – Sunday 10 July (with possible extension to 12 July)
1. Up to date CV
2. Link to showreel or performance footage:
If including a link to a performance, please include a time stamp and a short description of the section to watch.
3. Statement of Interest:
Please use the Statement as an opportunity to introduce yourself as a performer, why you are interested in this work and any relevant experience of working with PMLD audiences. If you do not have any experience with this audience, feel free to share other experiences that would support your involvement in this work. The Statement can be submitted as a document (no more than 1 page) or video (no more than 3 minutes).
4. Video submission:
Please film a prepared, short solo and upload to a video streaming service with a valid URL (e.g. Youtube or Vimeo). Solo task: Create a short solo, no more than 3 minutes, responding to the following words: Sea, Land, Sky and Space. During your solo, imagine presenting this work to an audience member, considering ways of engaging and interacting through your movement. This may be towards the camera or to an invisible person in the space with you.
5. Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form:
We welcome applications from performers of diverse backgrounds and cultures and on the basis of sex, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality, and national origin), disability, sexual orientation, religion and or belief or age.
We would like you to complete an anonymous Equal Opportunities Monitoring form, but this is optional.
Photo by Dance Photographer UK, with thanks to The Work Room Glasgow.
Choreographer: Hayley Earlam
LEVEL Arts Centre, Old Station Close, Rowsley, DE4 2EL