Public Exhibition: Visual Art call out
We’re looking for:
- Work that is suitable for, or created by learning disabled, neurodiverse and disabled artists
- Contemporary 2D Visual Work. We will accept most forms of 2D visual work: pencil, acrylic, watercolour, oil painting, paper art, printmaking, calligraphy, embroidery, textile, photography, digital print etc. We cannot accept any 3D sculptural work or digital work that requires screen display for this exhibition
Who can apply:
- Group and individual submissions are welcome
- UK based artists or groups over the age of 18
- The applicant must be the legal copyright owner of the submitted work and it is their responsibility to ensure that the copyright is not restricted under any law.
- If the work is being submitted via a representative, it is their responsibility to ensure that they only submit art for which the artist can claim full copyright for
Level Centre employees are not permitted to enter.
How to enter:
Submissions will only be accepted through a completed application form. We would also like you to complete an anonymous Equal Opportunities Monitoring, but this is optional. Once submitted, applications cannot be edited. The application form will collect:
- Contact information
- Details about the artwork and the artist (name, size, materials)
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring
- GDPR permissions
- Terms and Conditions agreement
You can submit up to three high quality images of the piece, clearly labelled with the artist’s name and the name of the piece. The maximum file size is 4mb.
Artwork must be:
If your artwork is shortlisted for the exhibition, it must be:
- no larger than 100cm x 100cm and no smaller than 21cm x 21cm (or A4)
- framed/mounted and ready to hang on an STAS Picture rail when delivered to LEVEL. https://www.stasgroup.com/en/products/picture-hanging-systems.html We may need to attach D-rings and picture wire to your work that are appropriate for our hanging system
- a maximum weight of 20kg/m
The Judging panel:
Submissions will be shortlisted by a panel of industry professionals. Selected pieces will be displayed at LEVEL Centre and on the LEVEL Centre website.
- 1st place will receive £300
- 2nd place will receive £200
- People’s Choice award winner will receive a bundle of art supplies kindly donated by Turner’s Art in Matlock.
Thank you once again to Turner’s Art in Matlock for sponsoring the People’s Choice Award.
- Deadline for submissions: 16 June (9am)
- Selected work to arrive at LEVEL no later than: 27 June
- Private View and prizegiving: TBC
- Exhibition opens: 4 July
- Exhibition closes: 5 September
The 2021 Winners
Stormy Day – Belysning
Vincent Van Gogh – Luke Thorpe
People's Choice Award
Nerds – Elliot King
“LEVEL Centre’s inaugural Open Exhibition in 2021 marked a new stage in the organisation’s existence; one that seeks to reach new artists and audiences in a continuation of its aspirations to celebrate and support all kinds of creative experiences with, by and for disabled artists. The Open exhibition included a brilliant selection of artists both disabled and non disabled, all of whom showcase a wide range of styles of working; from the quiet introspective of domestic space, to vivid, expressive portraiture which offers a new perspective on iconic pop-imagery.
Bella Milroy – LEVEL Artistic Associate
LEVEL Arts Centre, Old Station Close, Rowsley, DE4 2EL